Bachelor of Science in Nursing - Admissions
Saint Anthony College of Nursing specializes in the nursing curriculum. Because of this, SACN students are admitted as juniors, having completed prerequisite credits at another regionally accredited college or university. Transfer guides from many of the area community colleges are available to use in assessing your previous credits.
Saint Anthony College of Nursing encourages all prospective students to contact the college with questions about transferring to SACN. Transfer guides should be used when registering for courses at many local colleges to ensure transfer of credits. If a transfer guide is unavailable for your college, official transcripts may be submitted and a transfer evaluation will be completed by the admissions staff to assist students in planning their course schedule. No grade below a "C" may be transferred. To be eligible for review by the Undergraduate Admissions & Progression committee, updated official transcripts must be sent after additional coursework is completed. Official transcripts may be submitted to:
Saint Anthony College of Nursing
5658 East State Street
Rockford, IL 61108-2468
Only those transcripts sent directly from the reporting institution will be considered official.
Minimum Requirements to apply:
32 of the 64 prerequisite credits completed with a cumulative GPA of at least 2.5 on a 4 point scale.
At least one of the prerequisite nursing sciences (anatomy and physiology, college chemistry or microbiology) completed with a minimum prerequisite nursing science GPA of a 2.7 on a 4 point scale.
Transcripts are only official when sent directly from the reporting institution. Transcripts sent from applicants are unofficial and will not be used for transcript evaluation or application purposes.
How to Apply
To apply, download, complete and return the application form along with the following:
Submit an Application for Admission with fee.
Submit an essay using these guidelines:
Essay will be reviewed both for content and proficiency in written communication and is limited to 500 words. Please include your name on the essay, print it and submit by mail with your application. Please review the Saint Anthony College of Nursing Mission and answer the following in your essay:
Saint Anthony College of Nursing Mission
The Mission of Saint Anthony College of Nursing, a private, Catholic college, is to provide quality undergraduate and graduate nursing education. This education, grounded in the liberal arts and sciences, is provided in an environment that encourages open inquiry and lifelong learning in order to serve persons with the greatest care and love.
- How have you lived the Mission through community service?
- How will you continue the Mission as a nurse in the future?
Submit official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended showing:
• Completion of at least 32 out of the 64 required prerequisite credits
• Completion of at least one acceptable course in a college-level anatomy & physiology, microbiology, or chemistry and a minimum grade point average for those science courses of at least 2.7 on a 4.0 scale.
• Minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
Applicants must also provide the following:
Submit three acceptable professional letters of recommendation
• Three professional references must be submitted, and found to be acceptable as supporting admission. At least one must be from a current or recent college liberal arts/science instructor ( a science professor or instructor is preferred). Forms may be found at the APPLY NOW link on our homepage. No personal references will be accepted.
- Each student who is applying will be required to take pre-admission testing prior to their review by the Undergraduate Admission & Progression committee.
- Applicants will be required to submit to a criminal background check. No refund of tuition or fees will be given due to background check records of concern.
- For those applicants whose primary language is not English, a passing TOEFL score is required.
- Verification of Transfer/Withdrawal/Dismissal Form must be completed if an applicant has attended another nursing or professional health care program, but did not satisfactorily complete that program.
(All documentation must be completed by the deadline date.)
Students are granted acceptance, pending completion of the prerequisite courses. Decisions regarding the acceptance of each applicant are made by the Undergraduate Admissions & Progression Committee based upon the fulfillment of admission requirements. Saint Anthony College of Nursing conducts its program and implements policies on a non-discriminatory basis with respect to race, age, religion, gender, national origin, marital status, military service, status upon military discharge, disability or handicap, and creed. The College retains the right to accept the most highly qualified applicants. In order to enroll in classes as a degree seeking student, an applicant must have completed at least 64 semester hours in the required prerequisites from a regionally accredited college or university with a minimum GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale and a 2.7 GPA for the nursing prerequisite science courses (anatomy & physiology, microbiology, and chemistry).