Saint Anthony College of Nursing specializes in the nursing curriculum. Because of this, SACN students are admitted as juniors, having completed prerequisite credits at another regionally accredited college or university. Transfer guides from many of the area community colleges are available to use in assessing your previous credits.
Application Deadline Dates (all application materials and requirements must be submitted by the applicable deadline date):
- September 15 (for entry into the following January/Spring term)
- February 15 (for entry into the following August /Fall term)
Saint Anthony College of Nursing encourages all prospective students to contact the college with questions about transferring to SACN. Transfer guides should be used when registering for courses at many local colleges to ensure transfer of credits. If a transfer guide is unavailable for your college, official transcripts may be submitted and a transfer evaluation will be completed by the admissions staff to assist students in planning their course schedule. No grade below a "C" may be transferred. To be eligible for review by the Undergraduate Admissions & Progression committee, updated official transcripts must be sent after additional coursework is completed. Official transcripts may be submitted to:
Saint Anthony College of Nursing
5658 East State Street
Rockford, IL 61108-2468
Only those transcripts sent directly from the reporting institution will be considered official.
Minimum Requirements to apply:
32 of the 64 prerequisite credits completed with a cumulative GPA of at least 2.5 on a 4 point scale.
At least one of the prerequisite nursing sciences (anatomy and physiology, college chemistry or microbiology) completed with a minimum prerequisite nursing science GPA of a 2.7 on a 4 point scale.
Transcripts are only official when sent directly from the reporting institution. Transcripts sent from applicants are unofficial and will not be used for transcript evaluation or application purposes.
How to Apply
Submit an Application for Admission with fee.
Submit official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended showing:
• Completion of at least 32 out of the 64 required prerequisite credits
• Completion of at least one acceptable course in a college-level anatomy & physiology, microbiology, or chemistry and a minimum grade point average for those science courses of at least 2.7 on a 4.0 scale.
• Minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
Applicants must also provide the following:
- Each student who is applying will be required to take pre-admission testing prior to their review by the Undergraduate Admission & Progression committee.
- For those applicants whose primary language is not English, a passing TOEFL score is required.
- Verification of Transfer/Withdrawal/Dismissal Form must be completed if an applicant has attended another nursing or professional health care program, but did not satisfactorily complete that program.
Students are granted acceptance, pending completion of the prerequisite courses. Decisions regarding the acceptance of each applicant are made by the Undergraduate Admissions & Progression Committee based upon the fulfillment of admission requirements. Saint Anthony College of Nursing conducts its program and implements policies on a non-discriminatory basis with respect to race, age, religion, gender, national origin, marital status, military service, status upon military discharge, disability or handicap, and creed. The College retains the right to accept the most highly qualified applicants. In order to enroll in classes as a degree seeking student, an applicant must have completed at least 64 semester hours in the required prerequisites from a regionally accredited college or university with a minimum GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale and a 2.7 GPA for the nursing prerequisite science courses (anatomy & physiology, microbiology, and chemistry).