Admission of the (BSN/RN-BSN) Student-at-Large
The College may accept students with a status of Student-at-Large (SAL) who wish to enroll in courses non-pursuant to a degree. Acceptance as an SAL does not guarantee admission into the degree program. If an SAL later wishes to pursue degree-seeking status in Saint Anthony College of Nursing, the student must apply according to the BSN or RN-BSN degree program admission process.
SAL students are subject to Colege policies and regulations. Tuition and fees for SAL and degree-seeking students are the same. Neither Tile IV Financial Aid nor private-donor College scholarships are awarded to SAL students.
Students who wish to apply and enroll as a SAL must:
- Submit a completed application accompanied by a $75 tuition deposit.
- Submit official transcripts, to Saint Anthony College of Nursing. All transcripts must be sent directly from all former colleges/universities attended. Priority registration is given to degree seeking students.
- Must meet college admission requirements:
- Must have a 2.5 or higher cumulative GPA;
- Must have a 2.7 nursing science GPA based on the grades earned in Anatomy & Physiology, College Chemistry, and/or Microbiology. Must have completed at least ONE of the aforementioned nursing science classes.
- Must sign up for and complete the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) pre-admission test prior to being eligible to sign up for a course.
SALs are not permitted to take clinical courses, unless special permission/approval is given by the college administration. Please contact Admissions with any questions at 815.395.5091.